About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Thursday, January 19, 2017

Spoiled Rotten



Ok, so you guys know like 2 weeks ago I bought a new car....remember that?!

And my old vehicle, the Mercury Mariner that I had, I loved, but it was just time to put the ole girl out to pasture.  So when I was shopping for a new vehicle, I noticed my inability to give up having leather heated seats.  I didn't even WANT leather heated seats when I bought my Mariner, never had them before, didn't think it affected my life all that much, but once I got them, and I pushed that little button in the winter and my ass suddenly got toasty warm, I found myself suddenly petrified of ever owning a car that did not have such luxuries.



** SPOILED**

Patience

I love those Dateline Saturday Night mysteries!  You watch those things?  Has that one white haired guy with the voice that makes you stay tuned:
So I hate to admit this, but I'm SO SPOILED that I cannot wait to find out "who did it"....can you believe that as soon as I find out who was killed, maybe like 10 minutes into the show when they start talking to suspects, I google "Who killed _________" and I find out, so I can watch the rest of the show looking for clues as to IF they slip up and say something to point towards one suspect or another.  I mean who does that?!  The point of the show is to find out who done it, not find out who done it and then watch the show to see how they PRESENT who done it!

I'm pretty sure the internet ruined me.  I also purposely go online to read spoilers on my favorite shows...and it doesn't even bother me knowing, and I still totally watch and sit on the edge of my seat even when I know what's about to happen....

*SPOILED*

At work, we have an elevator.  Makes hauling heavy files and whatnot up to the second floor pretty nifty!  I remember when I first started working here, I thought to myself, "FANCY!"  I ride an elevator up to work!  Well recently, they made the front door an automatic sliding door...and I'm even more impressed with how awesome it is to like NOT have to open a door.  The door just sees me and is like, viola!  Welcome Heather as it opens up without me having to do a thing!  {It doesn't really talk to me or know my name, but in my imagination it does...and this is my story, so I'll tell it how I see it!}  Well, ever since we got those sliding doors, I find myself walking right up to OTHER doors and feeling completely annoyed when they don't open up for me.  And my spoiled self says to myself "Are you kidding me?!  You want me to actually OPEN the door myself?!?!"  Two times in the last week I nearly ran into a door doing this!  I mean, what the hell Heather!  Get it together!



**SPOILED**

Keyless entry.
Ever try to click open your door to your home with your car remote?
I'm not even going to tell you how many times I have!

NOW, my car talks to me!  Literally, I'm not even messing around.  It's a girl, and she says things like "PLEASE SAY A COMMAND"....and I'm like..."Whoa"  my car just spoke to me, like LITERALLY spoke!  And I tell it to "CALL JERIMY"....and it says "CALLING TERRI" and I scamble to turn the danged thing off before I call TERRI!

I say, "CALL Aaron"...and it says "CALLING ERIC"....

Yeah, I'm thinking my car has a hearing problem....she's the worst administrative assistant I've ever had!  So maybe I won't get spoiled there....but you see how a girl could get spoiled right?

All the technology is great you know....I mean, I love it on so many levels....I'm amazed at the things we're now able to do with the touch of a button, or with a voice command.....but I can't help but to think of the words of Miranda Lambert.....

Quarter in a payphone
Drying laundry on the line
Watching Sun Tea in the window
Pocket watch for tellin' time
Seems like only yesterday I'd get a blank cassette
Record the country countdown 'cause I couldn't buy it yet

If we drove all the way to Dallas just to buy an Easter dress
We’d take along a Rand McNally, stand in line to pay for gas
God knows that shifting gears ain’t what it used to be
I learned to drive that 55 just like a queen, three on a tree

Hey, whatever happened to waitin' your turn
Doing it all by hand,
'Cause when everything is handed to you
It's only worth as much as the time put in
It all just seemed so good the way we had it
Back before everything became automatic

If you had something to say
You'd write it on a piece of paper
Then you'd put a stamp on it
And they'd get it three days later
Boys would call the girls
And girls would turn them down
Staying married was the only way to work your problems out

Hey, whatever happened to waitin' your turn
Doing it all by hand,
'Cause when everything is handed to you
It's only worth as much as the time put in
It all just seemed so good the way we had it
Back before everything became automatic

Automatic

Let's roll the windows down
Windows with the cranks
Come on let's take a picture
The kind you gotta shake

Hey, whatever happened to waitin' your turn
Doing it all by hand,
'Cause when everything is handed to you
It's only worth as much as the time put in
It all just seemed so good the way we had it
Back before everything became automatic

Yeah

Automatic

and I wonder, have we *SPOILED* ourselves to the point of being more rotten than ever?

*HeatherLynn*

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~