About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Count down is on:

Two things that scare me:

#1 - Taxes

#2 - Haircuts

This week, I've received a ton of tax related documents....makes me get all sweaty palmed, and nervous.  I hate tax time!  Thank God I have a wonderful Tax lady who takes good care of me!!  
<3 her!

Thursday I am getting all my hair cut off!  Right now, it's longer than my bra strap in the back....so it's going to be a big big change!

My stomach is all full of butterflies about it.  50% excited and 50% scared!

This is the hair cut:


What do you think?
Can I pull it off?

It's been a long time since this girl had short hair....but so far in 2017 I've made some changes to better myself and the hair cut is just going along with those changes.  On my lunch hour, I've been swimming at the YMCA and it's THE MOST therapeutic thing I can do for myself.  The water is so restorative, and the smell of the chlorine fills my lungs and it's like medicine for my soul.

I've always felt that water, being around it, being in it, or just listening to it run and babble is necessary and absolutely needed....just like we need air to breathe, I need water to be.  Just to be.  So with that being said, I don't want anything holding me back from being in that pool as much as earthly possible.  So, the hair has got to go!  I'm going to be "Sporty Heather" in 2017, even if it kills me!

They say that you can't make drastic changes to one's life and expect them to stick, so I'm starting out slow, and making some slight modifications...started with the swimming.  Then I replaced my broken fitbit.  Followed that by starting to log my foods on MyFitnessPal again.  I've been trying to drink a lot of water.  I'm eating while being mindful of eating more WHOLE foods and less processed.  Naturally I am trying to reduce any and all fried foods and limited my pizza consumption.....those two are hard ones, but when nothing is OFF limits, you really can't FAIL and feel like you wrecked your diet, because you're not on a diet.  You're just trying to make better choices.

What this has to do with impending doom, or the two things that scare me I have no idea....
I ramble sometimes...please forgive me.

Maybe I should have said there are 5 things that scare me:

1. Taxes
2. Haircuts
3. Diet
4. Cardio
5. Mice/Rats - PETRIFIED of these disgusting creatures!  Don't even get me started on their beady eyes and twitchy demeanor!  *getting squirmy thinking about it*

That might have been a more accurate list!



Does anyone else's faces get like beet red when they work out?  Like embarrassingly so?  And don't even get me started on what it's like trying to run when you have ginormous boobs!  Let's just say, you girls out there with A'cups don't know how good you have it!



maybe 2018 will be the year of the breast reduction!  Don't tell my husband though, he's a boob guy, he'll cry if he finds this out! 
*laughs*

So there you have it the top 5 things that scare me!
Not in any particular order.
For those of you who are curious here's the rest of the list:

6. drowning
7. House burning down
8. My husband/mom/sisters/kid/or dog dying
9. Politics
10. Fanatics

Count down to hair cut is on....
*HeatherLynn*

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~