About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Friday, January 20, 2017

For Richer or Poorer



I heard a statistic yesterday that has floored me.  In a survey of married people, when asked if they won the lottery, would they divorce their spouse and 25% said YES!  
TWENTY-FIVE PERCENT!  
That seems high doesn't it?



If I wont the lottery, the first person I would tell is my husband.  If I won the lottery, the first person I would spoil is my husband!  If I won the lottery, I would travel the world WITH MY HUSBAND.

Sure, he and I have only been married a little over a year, but we've been together for like 8 or 9 or something like that now....and he's my best friend.  I love that guy so much "love" doesn't seem like a big enough word to describe it.  It's too common, and what I feel for him seems rare and precious in my opinion.

If you won the lottery, would your first order of business be a divorce?  If not, what would you do first?



First thing I would do....if it was enough money....I'd call my hubs, and be like, baby, quit your job, we're going on an adventure...a long one!

Can you imagine that call?!  I mean, what a gift to be able to be the person to GIVE someone else freedom to quit their job, and to have the adventure of a lifetime....and all because you spent a dollar on something silly and with impossible odds.
If I close my eyes, I can almost hear the quivering in my voice as I began to speak...the pounding in my chest....the kind of excitement that you just cannot contain!
What I wouldn't give to be able to make that call someday....

Ah, to dream of such things....

Good things come to those who wait they say
I'll keep waiting for my day
for my "lucky day"
Husband....just know that this wife, is NOT part of the 25%
This wife is 100% all in with you.
for richer or poorer
I'm your girl.

xoxoxo
*HeatherLynn*

On a side note:  My watch, out of nowhere, went from regular time, to military time!  it's really messing with me.
Really wishing I hadn't thrown out my instruction manual.
*Real People Problems*
Buying a cheap watch on Amazon....
that magically converts itself to military time.
and people wonder why I dream of winning the lottery.  Maybe then I could buy a watch that didn't look like THIS:
Oh, and the date's wrong too!  WTF.  Great!  I didn't even notice that before.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~