About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pleasantries:


There's a saying:  "Today, Give a stranger one of your smiles, for it might be the only sunshine he sees all day"....

I'm a firm believer in the unsolicited smile.  I given em out like Family Planning gives out condoms on planned parenthood talk day in High School.  Perhaps that's a bad analogy.....

Regardless...yesterday while tromping down the stairs headed for home after my 8 hour shift, I was coming down the second story flight, while a woman was clip-clopping up from the Lower Level.  I looked down at her, she looked up at me, and we exchanged a smile.  She said Hello, I said Hello and then I countered with "I love your shoes!" and she said "I LOVE your hair!"  We looked at each other warmly as our compliments to one another sank in, and then we walked out into the parking lot together until we headed off in our separate ways.

I've seen this women many times around the building, always seemed friendly, and today I was glad to have shared the stairwell and our exchange of pleasantries.

Of course this was all nearly thrown out the window when she pulled out of her parking place right in front of me from behind a large SUV that she couldn't see around, and I about plowed her with my neon!  Poor thing would'a been squished like a bug!  Good thing she loved my hair and I her shoes, because instead of her flipping me off, and me throwing my arms violently in the air, she waved and I waved her out of her space allowing her to go on out in front of me.  I don't much like getting flipped off, I try and avoid it when I can.

So the moral of the story, sharing a smile with someone's pretty cool.    And breaks on my car, they are pretty cool too.


~Heather Lynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~