About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Monday, July 16, 2012

My brother said "I'd rather be madly in love with someone who I occasionally fight with for 4 days straight, than to be with someone who I don't fight with, but am NOT crazy about."

And I agree with him.  As painstaking as it is to be at odds with the person you love, I TOO would rather be crazy about someone 97% of the time, and at odds 3%, than to only love them 3% of the time and NEVER quarrel.

Lots going on in the relationships around me these days, it seems like everyone's breaking up, some people slow and miserably, others, simply move out and on before the other person gets home to find them gone....it's just a mess out there.

I feel horrible for those who are suffering through these terrible times of having their hearts broken, having to learn how to pick up the pieces and try to start over again.  Starting over is one of the hardest things to want to do, when the misery that is laying in your mess and feeling miserable seems like the only thing you are capable of anymore.

A lot of sadness in the air....a lot of souls just trying to get through the day.....and when you ARE madly in love with someone, it's hard not to be scared to death at times that one day this could happen to you too.  But then there's that optimistic hope that your relationship is different, stronger.
  A hope that thankfully exists, because without it, humans would never willingly set them selves up for having their hearts broken ever again after the first time it happens to them.

My philosophy is this:  "If you always try and put the person you love's needs, desires, wants, etc. front and center, if you always take time, and pleasure in making THEM happy, and they do the same for you, you don't have to be self serving.....you give to them, they give to you, you love them, they love you.  You get back what you put in.  Nobody goes without what they want and need from the relationship, because the two partners are seeing to it that the wants and needs of each partner are met...and the crazy thing, if you're lucky, you BOTH will find joy in making the other one as happy as they make you."

Now, there are times each person can stray from this philosophy, sometimes it's because life gets crazy, or when one party feels slighted, but the important thing, is that after each fight, you wipe the slate clean, and began again with a willing and giving spirit.

And if you're extremely lucky, you'll find yourself in a relationship with someone you ALWAYS want to start again with.  No matter how many times it takes.

~Heather Lynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~