About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Saturday, March 28, 2015

Today could be the day you do...

This morning I awoke to a rumbling in my stomach, I knew in a moment, I was going to be sick.

So I woke up, and ran to the bathroom, and awaited the inevitable.

Upon conclusion of the horrific upchucking that ensued, I brought myself here, to my couch, where I type to you and watch the sun rise in the east, and it's a beautiful thing.  It is not every day that I get to enjoy a sunrise in this fashion.  And by "in this fashion" i mean while wearing fleece pj bottoms, a hoodie with my hood up because i feel lowsy, covered in a blanket, with a laptop and with nowhere i have to be.  Seems like anymore life just moves so fast, I'm always running and scrambling to get to work, always running late getting out the door, putting  makeup on in the car..places to be, work to do, responsibilities and expectations to meet.  Being an adult sucks, avoid it if you can.

Everyone in my house is asleep, not even the dogs are here to keep me  company at the moment and that's ok, because I'm watching the light begin to just slip up, ever so softly, turning the dark black-blue sky into a lovely green blue to start, and then a sliver of yellow grows beneath it, followed by a sudden ray of deep lovely orange....to orange-ish red...well, it's just the kind of thing one SHOULD really take a moment and really partake in.  I mean, its like EARTH is putting on a show and who the hell am I to deny Mother earth?  She wants to give me something beautiful to start my day, well then gosh darnit, I'm going to tune in.  Besides, I"m really hoping this sunrise will erase the memory of what just happened in the bathroom....because THAT m'friends is NO way to start a day...
BLECK!!

I opened up my computer here before the sun captured my attention to do a little research and as many of you know, I LOVE Dean Koontz.  Ever since I read his first book "Watchers" in middle school, I've been completely smitten with his writing style, his stories, his characters and his darkness.  There's a quality about his books, that is undeniably attractive to me and my imagination.  I love delving into the worlds that he creates, and the characters that he brings to life.  Good writers can tell you a story, GREAT writers make you live and breathe them.  Anyway, while researching Literary Agents online today, of course the first person Googled to research THEIR agent, was my old "go-to" writer of choice Dean Koontz.  He is represented by Lennart Sane Agency, and their website, well it just really caught my eye in a way most websites don't these days.  It was SO SIMPLE..but in a great way.  The kind of way that makes you want to grab a blanket and stay awhile...just staring at the screen.  To make my visit even MORE enjoyable, they played me a song!  I mean, how wonderful of them, it was almost like showing up for a "Show" and getting "Dinner"...or showing up for "Dinner" and getting a "show"...either way, I loved it.



This be the song that played.  I never heard it before, and after it concluded the first time, I listened to it again and the voice of Jimmy Durante is like that of an old friend.  Even though I had never heard the song before, it was so strange to feel as if I had been listening to it my entire life.  Like every Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks movie ever made had prepared me to hear and love this song.  I could close my eyes and see myself walking down the street's of New York, dropping off query letters to the biggest and most world renowned Literary Agents and Publishing Houses in New York, and this song would be playing, and it would be the opening scene, in the movie of a young author's life.  I can almost hear my imaginary heels clicking on the sidewalk, and I imagine my hair is bouncy with the enthusiasm and elasticity of youth, eyes wide and hopeful...can you see me there too?  I want to listen to this song all day.

Oh, btw, the sunrise is happening...while so many of you are sleeping, it's happening.  In my mind, there is a movie being made, and out my window, there is a spectacular show that plays whether anyone is watching or not.

For those of you who are missing it, I give you this:

 

Anyone can fall in love in the glow of a sunset, but only EPIC love can happen first thing in the morning, with bed head, un-brushed teeth, rumpled clothes, wet dewy grass and a chill in the air that transforms your breath into vapor between two people so tortured by love that they cannot even sleep due to the sheer force of that kind of gravitation to one another.  That's why Darcy says, "I never wish to be parted from you from this day on"...between a line like that, and hearing those birds chirping, announcing to the world that the dawn has come once more.  Anyone can love you at night, it's a special love, when it's still there and burning in the morning.


Imaginatively Yours, this morning, and always,
~HeatherLynn~

And because I'm as crazy obsessed with photography as I am Pride & Prejudice, I couldn't help myself, I'm sitting here on my couch, and that sunshine is POURING in and warming my cheek, like a kiss from heaven...
I just couldn't help but trying to capture it so I could share it's splendor with you....

Good Morning...
with Love...from me to you.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~