About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Preparing for the big Lay-up

And I'm not talking about basketball....

So tomorrow I go and meet with the surgeon who's going to be removing my tumor they found in my large intestine earlier this month.  I'm hearing mixed reports as to what my recovery time will be, so in an effort to prepare to spend my time and "pain killers" wisely, I prepare to make good use of this down time, assuming I can stay conscious.

To my future boss in real estate (Krista)....yes I fully intend to study for my State Real Estate Exam....IF my pain killers will allow for any memory retention.  However, you don't need to REMEMBER what you're writing per se when you're a novelist...so why not allow the creative or even hallucinate-ive nature of my recovery aid me in finishing the novel I've been working on for oh so long now.



*ponders what Vicodin might have to offer Vivienne & Jude* 
hmmmm....i wonder....I wonder.

So after surgery, I won't be able to lift heavy things, and I'm going to need to be comfortable, so I stole a recliner from the living room and hauled it down the hallway into my office in an effort to make my office more homey, more "writer-worthy"....


Is this chair oh so totally "writer-ish" or what?!  It reminds me of the old leather bindings of antique books.  Maybe that's just me....I see books in everything.

Ok, so I got the chair....then I got the laptop fired up and put on some tunes.....


FYI - The "A Great Big World" custom I-heart radio station rocks my socks...I just love it.

Well, now there's lovely lyrics and music...the room is starting to feel more inviting....

Next, comes:     Lay out the tools of the trade. (one of my favorite parts of writing...gel pens and highlighters!  Regardless of how much writing I do on my laptop, I always am happier when I have a smooth gliding pen held lovingly between my fingers.  It's comforting...so a pile as pretty as this makes me smile, even before writing a thing, or even picking one up.


Alright, now I need some ambiance:

 Big Blue Chrystal Skull is lit up....

Ok, then I geeked it out with  my glasses....

lol


Sorry, I couldn't help myself, I like my skulls to look like they are about to tell me something really intelligent....and in my head, they always have a really kick ass British accent for some reason....


Candles lit, Lucille Ball watching lovingly from the wall....


There's a snoring dog at my ankles, apparently HE thinks it's perfectly warm and welcoming in here...

I sit down, and start dusting off my manuscript:



To start off the creative process, I first must read what I've written with fresh eyes, and new perspective.



So here is my pile of papers, aka, manuscript, paper-clipped into chapters, and ready to go with me where ever I go, so all those Dr. Office waiting rooms, I'll have reading material.

Under all this dust, there's just got to be some magic....and if not, it's never too late to make some, or write some, right?!


Thanks for joining me for this episode of
"From a writer's Office"
It's been great hanging with you,...
If anyone needs me, I'll be in the big comfy Leather Chair I hijacked.

with a blanket...
maybe a glass of wine....

which pretty much means I'll be sound asleep in about 10-15 minutes!

Please join us next time,
for another EXCITING episode of
"From a writer's office"!

*giggles, snorts*
Geeking out now,

~HeatherLynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~