About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

First comes Divorce, then comes Love....

So yesterday I wrote about Divorce, today I want to write about life AFTER it.

See, I got married at twenty-two.  Old enough to know how to GET married, but not experienced enough to know better! *laughs*

Some people give careful thought and consideration to things, at twenty-two, I was a reckless girl, who believed life was short and I might as well live like each day was my last.  So married to a guy I never dated seemed like a really good idea at the time.  Moral of that story, Life is short...and marriage can be really long if you marry the wrong person.  Even if you only do it for six years...they will be the longest six years of your life.  I think my ex-husband can agree with me there!  I'm sure it was no picnic for him either!  Having an unhappy wife = having an unhappy life!  (This is me accepting my responsibility for our relationship's demise)  Look, it all boils down to, we weren't compatible.  That's what irreconcilable differences mean.  I wanted/needed something from him that he couldn't give and be happy giving, and he wanted/needed something from me that I couldn't give or live without happily.

But, from pain, comes great clarity, I said that yesterday, and had it NOT been from the pain of my Divorce, I'd not of had the clarity to know that THIS GUY is the Cat's Meow!

{And no, he doesn't normally wear suspenders with his Flannel!}

Jerimy and I went to school together our entire lives until he went to Vantage in High School.  I sat by him in Mr. Ahten's Civics Class, I remember him....yet it wasn't until I was old enough to KNOW what happiness looked like until I saw him for what he truly is...."MY person"

He is hands down the light of my life.
I NEVER in a million years thought I'd find him...
Hell I never even fathomed he existed
Until that fateful day, that my friend Jim, hooked me up with his friend "Beef" to change the timing belt on my ole Neon.


I will never forget picking it up after he'd finished, seeing him for the first time in many many years and thinking to myself....
"YOWZA he's hot!"
*laughs and blushes*
That's me being really honest about my inner dialog right there!

He had Harley Davidson Frames for his glasses
Ohio State flip flops on his feet..
and he made my palms clammy.  WHICH IS NO EASY FEAT I MIGHT ADD.  
I HAVE RIDICULOUSLY DRY SKIN ON MY HANDS!

After my divorce, I remember saying things like,

"I'M NEVER GETTING MARRIED AGAIN!!!"

and 

"I"M NEVER GOING TO TIE MY LIFE OR FINANCES UP WITH SOMEONE LIKE THAT EVER AGAIN!"

"TRUSTING SOMEONE THAT MUCH IS FOR IDIOTS!"

"I"M NEVER CHANGING MY NAME AGAIN!  OSTING FOR LIFE!!" was my motto!

When I bought my house on first street in 2009, I said:

"I'M NEVER MOVING OUT OF HERE, IF SOME GUY COMES ALONG, HE CAN MOVE IN WITH ME, AND IF IT DOESN'T WORK OUT, 
HE CAN MOVE OUT!  
NOT ME!!!"

Ah, the things that people say when they've been jilted.

I, just like all the other divorced people before me, said those same things, 
NEVER AGAIN!!
LESSON LEARNED!!

Yet, here we are, 2014, and I've moved out of MY house that I swore I'd never leave.
I've BOUGHT a house and tied myself up financially to another human being who could hurt me, leave me, break my heart into a million pieces.
I wouldn't mind one bit to forfeit my last name for his.
and the "M" word no longer makes me want to scream the "F" word!
I'm open to the idea and someday, I know in my heart, in the woodsy back yard of our new home, we WILL promise forever to each other.

{this is the view of our back yard where all sorts of magic might one day be made}

Does all of this put me at risk, YEP!
Does all of this optimism and love set me up for a fall and total and utter destruction of self again should this not work out...
Sure does.
Could anyone talk me out of it?
NOT A CHANCE!
*laughs*


The big difference I notice between the girl I was at 22 to the woman I am at 35 is:
When I was married at 22, the idea of living the rest of my days, feeling like I did then, scared the crap out of me.
At 35, when you find the love of your life, the idea that you WON"T get to spend the rest of your life feeling EXACTLY like this, scares the crap out of you.


It took getting married to make my Ex-husband "FAMILY"...
but when you find THE person for you
they become your family
without you even knowing.

You just wake up one day
and you realize
that your lives merged
and "happily ever after"
is up to you from then on.


Love is risky business.

when you find someone who MAKES you want to risk EVERYTHING,
even when you know the RISK
and you still bare the scars of life's prior lessons learned the hard way...
You just can't be a wuss about it!
Love is NOT for sissies!


~HeatherLynn~

2 comments :

  1. Heeather I "LOVE" reading your blogs. They have so much advice and insight..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you sincerely Lena! I'm just glad someone reads them! I mean, I do enjoy writing them, but I enjoy it all the more when I know they've been read, and if they help someone out, ALL THE BETTER! I just write from the heart, or whatever's on my mind....and just hope that someone can relate with what I'm going through, or to let someone know I relate to what THEY are going through! :)

      Delete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~