About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Everybody's got that one Friend (or if you're lucky, TWO)...



I'm a pretty positive person, I like to NOT let negativity get the best of me, but I'm not perfect, and sometimes, it's not easy, especially when winter has you feeling like a caged animal, surrounded by snow, frigid temperatures and with no end in sight.

Well, I let the winter "caged animal" anxiety blues get the better of me the other day, and it leaked out onto my better half in the form of...."I want something, but instead of just asking for it, I tried sugar coating it, adding a bunch of stuff about my feelings (such an icky word to boys) and somehow it snowballed into a big mis-communication that turned into drama (another word I try and avoid at all costs)...and while my intentions were good, my delivery sucked, and my man got miffed and my night went all sorts of wrong.



First and foremost, I HATE, HATE, HATE when J and I are out of sorts with each other, #1) because I love the guy almost to the point of ridiculousness, #2) I went about it all wrong #3) I made waves when there's NOTHING wrong with a placid sea, and lastly #4) for a writer, I kinda sometimes SUCK at communication!  {I KNOW RIGHT?!?!  NO WAY!!!}  *laughs*



So, when I need someone to tell me I'm an idiot (if I'm being one), or tell me HOW to wrap my head around a situation, I call in the big guns!  Aka KAREN.

Karen is a Texan, she's blonde, she's beautiful, she's strong, she's blunt and she's got more experience in her pinky finger than I think I have in my whole body!  She's my Wikipedia!  If there's something I need to know, she's one of the people I instantly MUST speak with.

Yesterday I told her of my most recent woes, and she did what a true friend does, she gives it to me straight.  She don't coddle me, she don't tell me what I want to hear, she told me exactly what I did wrong, and told me helpful insightful ways to avoid such pitfalls in the future.

{side note:  this was my favorite Atari game}

In ONE conversation that took place over the course of 20 to 30 minutes, she erased 24 hours of misery, hurt feelings and silence.  She stitched up, rubbed ointment on my open wound and viola, I was practically as good as new again and optimistic once more in love, life and humanity.



To add that Karen and I have never actually MET in real life, really makes our unique friendship even more unique.....Just goes to show that friendship IS something that knows know bounds, space nor time.  You can be friends if you wanna be, and there's not a damned thing that can separate true kinship.

In this life, we all have our go-to people.  The person who gives us tough love, the person who can make you smile when you're so broken, the person who's just full of energy and is light and just fun to be with, you have your friends that will get in trouble with you, friends who'd lie for you, friends who'd make a fool of themselves with you...and friends who can make a fool OUT of you, but you never get mad at them for it.  I'm lucky, in my life I've had the great pleasure of meeting so many amazingly wonderful MEN and WOMEN who have made my life better just by being in it.
{you know who you are guys....Karen's in very good company here}

I know I write here a lot about "FRIENDS", but that's only because without them, I wouldn't be who I am, and I'm forever indebted to them, and thankful FOR them.  Each and EVERY SINGLE ONE!



~HeatherLynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~