About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Its never easy to admit your shortcomings:




I was bored the other night and was surfing NETFLIX for something to watch and came across a documentary titled "the Perfect Human Diet"....I watched it and was very interested in some of the things they discussed. Some made perfect sense, and some made my boyfriend of 4 years roll his eyes and say, "Why are you watching this crap!" 


I love knowledge, and I love hearing of other people's research on topics that interest me. Being a woman, of 35 years of age, nothing like a slowing metabolism, a desk job that makes your @ss grow at record speed, and a boyfriend you still want to look desirable to, to make you TOTALLY interested in THE HUMAN DIET. 



I will be the first to tell you I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE pizza and Chinese food, and pasta, and bread, and cookies, and Mexican, chips and salsa, cheese....I love soups with a cream base, I love a good Heath Bar Blizzard ice cream treat....food, has been such a wonderful thing to experience, until it wasn't me experiencing food, so much as food experiencing me! 



A quite a few years back, stuck in an unhappy marriage, and my own parents going through a catastrophic divorce which was filled with court battles, domestic violence disputes, I gained a record amount of weight and bordered on having a nervous breakdown. What resulted from those bleak times, was me going on an "atkins-like" diet and lost 30 pounds in like 3 months! It was wonderful to no longer look at the clothes I was folding out of the dryer of mine, and thinking to myself, HOLY FREAKING COW THESE KHAKIS ARE HUMONGOUS! THESE CAN"T BE MINE!! 



That was then, and this is now, and here I am, once more, looking at my clothes and thinking....my butt really can't be THAT big, CAN IT?!!? 



And so, with your help and support, here I go once again, to set out on a journey of "self control", the abolishing of gluttony, and the quest for smaller pants! 



I don't want to feel like crap anymore. I don't want to be sluggish and foggy-minded (which as a writer, really hinders the creative juices which I need to finish my next novel).... 



So join with me if you will....don't let me fail. Hold me accountable, tell me my butt looks big in those jeans....(with love and sympathy) and let 2014 be the year I stop being a victim and a hostage to food, and let the joys in my life be my family, writing, photography, lets get crazy and throw exercise out there again.... 



Who's with me? 



Sincerely, 
Tired of being "Chubby in Ohio" 
Heather Lynn Osting

If you haven't signed up for MYFITNESSPAL yet, do so, and befriend me! :)
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/

1 comment :

  1. I'm right there with you, heather. I could stand to take off about 40 pounds! Ill check in with you to see if we're both sticking to it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~