About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Funny Proposal Moments:

So after Jerimy Proposed to me the other night, I just HAD to call my Momma and tell her.  I knew she'd be sleeping, and I knew I'd wake her up, but she's my mom, and I wanted to call her....so she'd just have to suck it up and answer my call.

This is my Momma and me:

So anyway....
Jerimy says, "you're not really going to call her and wake her up are you?"
Me:  "Hell yes I am!!"

The phone rings, and rings...I'm starting to think she won't answer....but after a bit, the phone quit ringing and I heard the voice that sounded nothing of my mother's and everything of one of these characters:

which of course is extremely ironic considering my mom hasn't smoked a cigarette in her life!

Me:  "Mom?"
Her:  "Yeah?"
Me:  "I'm getting married!!!!" {insert happy squeal from me here}
There was a long pause of total silence, 
for a second I thought she hung up on me...
Her:  "Tonight?"
Me:  "NO!  NOT TONIGHT!  Jerimy just proposed to me!"
Her:  ..............another long ass pause...."Oh"
Me:  {realizing my mother's totally sleep talking to me at this point}....Ok, well I just wanted to tell you the good news!
Her:  "Yep, good news."....{in a complete 3 pack a day habit, monotone voice showing ZERO enthusiasm}
Me:  "Well, ....Goodnight"
Her:  "Yep"
*CLICK*

Me to Jerimy:  "Um, Wow, she was really out of it!  That wasn't exactly how I expected that to go!"  I said with a laugh.

The next day, my mom texts me the following:  "I had a dream last night you called me and told me you were engaged!!!  Then I thought it might of been real....was it?"

Me back to her:  "LOL...that happened alright!"

So much for sharing good news when it's fresh!
Note to self, DO NOT CALL MOTHER IN CASE OF EMERGENCY IF IT'S AFTER NINE P.M.!

I <3 u Momma...

~HeatherLynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~