About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

When you have a dog....

It kinda changes things...it adds a certain something that, well, you have to be a "dog person" to relate I think.

For instance, yesterday morning while in my break room at work, making myself a delicious egg/Velveeta cheese/english whole grain muffin for breakfast out of the microwave (my daily morning breakfast) my co-worker "L" comes cruising past on her way to her office, she see's me, I say "Good Morning L", she smiles and says "OH, GOOD YOU'RE HERE!  I HAVE A PRESENT FOR YOU!" I'm like "A present!?!?  Ohh, Oohhh...I love presents!" with a big ole smile on my face...because seriously, who doesn't like presents?  Right?

She goes to her office comes out and hands me a little sandwich bag with a stick in it.  I look at it, I look at her, and I say "Um, thanks....What is it!?"  L then says "it's a bullystick for your puppy!"  I smile graciously and say, "What's a bullystick?"  and she said, it's a "Bull Penis, dog's love em!"

Hmmmmm....wow, I've got to tell you, in all my years of growing up at Woods and Waters, being around animals, doing and seeing it all, I can honestly say that nobody had ever given me a bull penis before...bull shit, I've got, but bull penis...well folks, this was a first for me.

Thanks "L" for giving me such a unique offering, and I've got to tell you, my dog DID love the danged thing, however, I felt very strange about giving my little Georgey a penis to chew on....out of fear that this would give him the idea that penis's are for chewing on.  I can just imagine George, sniffing around in the night in bed with Jerimy and I, and all the sudden...*CHOMP*....poor Jerimy.  I'm going to be watching him, if he starts giving Jerimy weird looks, I'm pulling the plug on the bullystick trend!  I love my dog, but I love Jerimy more!


Is it just me, or has puppy chew toys started to resemble recycled sex toys?
This one looks like it should say "ribbed for her pleasure"

1 comment :

  1. Ahhhh puppy breath....got to love the little Heathens....lol.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~