About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Thursday, December 20, 2012

It's a dark and dreary day in Northwest Ohio today....it's pouring down rain, then going to turn to snow, and it's going to be windy, and possibly tonight, between the wind and the snow have "white-out" conditions....

Welcome to Ohio in December.  40 Degrees today, White-out tomorrow.  My sister in Wisconsin said they were calling for 16 inches and BLIZZARD conditions where she lives, all of this and the apocalypse on Friday apparently....but enough about the weather.... *smiles*

Lets kick things off with a Television recommendation:
I've found a fantastic new television show that I am loving, and am quite addicted to and that's 
Downton Abby on PBS!  


I just love how addictive this show is!

It is set in 1912, England.
The mansion depicted in the picture is Downton Abbey.
The people in the picture are the family that live there, and the caretakers of the family and the estate.

One thing I love about watching this show is that immediately following or while watching the show, I cannot help but to talk in an English Accent and my text messages are oh so proper sounding!  I love it! *laughs*  Now not everyone loves English time pieces quite like I do, but I truly believe the show has a lot to offer any type of television enthusiast.

This concludes my television recommendation.

Lets see now, I've covered the weather...
Current Events....

Now what?

Love life?

Hmmm...what can I tell you about that?

Well the good news is, I STILL think my boyfriend of 3 years, Jerimy is the greatest thing since sliced bread....and it's not because I think he's perfect, or because I've put him on a pedestal so high that if he were to fall off of it, he'd die from the impact of the height of the fall.
No..no....I think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread because he's my person, ya know?  He's the guy that no matter what comes between us, eventually....he's always willing to reach across it and pull us back together....or willing to allow me to reach across and pull him back to me.

These sorts of statements used to be really scary to me to profess to anyone, much less an audience of whomever might me reading here.  It would scare me to death to be sitting here saying how wonderful he is, and then BAM, the next day he dumps me, or I'm swooning and he's thinking of ways to get away from me? I unfortunately have had the experience of loving someone who just never loved me back....WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD IT IS!
Nobody likes to look like a complete idiot, and nothing makes you feel like a complete idiot MORE than being head over heels with someone who doesn't know you're alive! OR someone, who doesn't or is incapable of treating you with love and respect.
To profess your love for someone is a sentiment you cannot retract once it's out there.

However, one thing I learned over the past three years of being with Jerimy, is that...I have to trust and believe in him, in us, and in love that everything's gonna be OK even when the FEAR of it grabs ya by the throat and starts squeezing the life out of you.  Does fear ever do that to any of you?  Just get you by the throat and make you act a little nuts every once in awhile?  
I'd like to think I'm not alone in this phenomenon.  Am I?

As a divorce' and a child of divorce, and in world where all my favorite couples are getting divorced all around me...it's easy to be a scared-ey cat when it comes to love, and commitment, etc.
And God knows I used to be!!  
When I got divorced, wow was I sketchy! *laughs to self*
THE LAST thing I wanted was to FALL IN LOVE....
What a scary notion.
I was just never going to do that again.
I was no masochist, no way was I going to give my heart away and have it ground up in a meat grinder again!
And then years later....years of not allowing myself to be committed to ANYTHING or ANYONE....
My little old, now deceased dodge neon needed a timing belt.
Easily an $800 job, and I was a single broke girl living pay check to paycheck like most single broke girls.

So my friend Jim says to me one day...."hey, I bet my friend Beef might be able to do it for you cheaper!"
and I said "Beef?  Like the Beef I went to school with?  My classmate?"
"Yeah, that's him....I'll ask him"
One timing belt later, and oh, like 400 text messages later, yeah, I was feeling that twinge of un-explainable joy every time I got a text from him.
I'd not seen the guy in years, and when I finally went to pick my vehicle up, and I saw him for that first time after so many years had passed, yep, I was done.  Right then.  Put a fork in me, it was over for me then and there.  As crazy as that sounds!

It didn't happen over night for him though however, it took MONTHS, nearly A YEAR to finally start DATING the stubborn mule of a man, but eventually, I think I grew on him, and we've been together ever since.  THANK GOD!

We have our share of discord with each other, we've had our ups and downs, but what makes this relationship different than any other I've ever been in....I always love him MORE than whatever bothers us.

And I always ask myself in every situation, "if you did this to him, how would you want him to react to you?" That seems to really help keep me on a good track.
Plus it helps that he has THE MOST AWESOME smile in the whole world, so I do my best EVERY day to keep that smile on his face....and surprisingly, that NEVER gets exhausting to me.  Challenging sometimes, but never exhausting.

If we would break up tomorrow, I'd never regret a single moment we had together, and that's not fluff, that's the God's honest truth.

So there you have it, the weather, an apocalypse, love....what's left?

Oh, BOOKS...OMG, I nearly forgot, ya'll don't care about my love life, the weather or that we all might die tomorrow....I'm supposed to be writing about "book stuff" here....

Um, lets see..book stuff.....book stuff....
*rubs temples thinking*
Um, I don't know if you've heard,
but I wrote a book.
Yeah, no joke!
It's getting good reviews on Amazon
and
it's cold outside, good time to read probably...
So yeah, maybe uhhh....buy one today?


That's all I got.

I'm so not a salesman!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

~HeatherLynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~