About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

This and That - October

Mmmmm...Fall is truly upon us isn't it?  Last weekend I went out and took some fall pictures, and man, let me tell you it, it really put me in the spirit for all things fall...Pumpkins, and frothy hot drinks, apple cider, corn mazes, Halloween, and last but not least, CANDY CORN!  that crap is just crazy good.  If I wind up with Diabetes, I blame the candy corn, that's all I'm saying! *smiles*
 
Last night, a funny conversation Jerimy and I had, thought might be cute to share....so there we are, laying in bed, lamp still on, on the night stand, he and I are just talking, we were getting all cozy and he feels my body temperature and says "geesh, you're freezing!" and I laughed and said, "I know, I was outside"...so I snuggled in closer to steal his body heat, and him, being the super awesome guy HE is, he let me.
 
I told him then "don't worry, give me a second and HeatherHeater will be back in business"....see, when I was a kid, Rachel and Bek, my two little cousins would get cold while staying over night with me and my sister Brooke, and they'd get into bed with me, and snuggle into both sides of me and say "HeatherHeater, warm us up!" Apparently I've had a "hot body" since childhood!  My, that sounds all sorts of wrong doesn't it?!  Let me rephrase, I've been "hot blooded"...no, wait, that's not exactly right either...how about this, I've been "HeatherHeater" for as far back as I can remember.  Get me under the covers with you and I'll have you sweating in no time. *slaps forehead*....wow, this post is spiraling out of control here!  FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, Heather get it together would ya?....perhaps I'll use pictures, since my words are coming out all wrong...
here:

 
+

=
 

 

I've rebooted, lets try this again.
 
Back to the story....
 
So Jerimy says to me, "yeah, some nights, you're so hot I'm like melting, and have to kick the covers off in the middle of the night to cool off."

"Yeah, well this winter when it's freezing you're going to be pretty darn happy to have ole HeatherHeater here keeping you warm" I said with a smile and then continued on to say the following:
 
"I guess I'm kinda like an upstairs bedroom.  In the winter, heat rises, and you're toasty warm, and you're thankful to be up there, in the summer, heat rises and you're sweating your butt off, cursing the danged heat that just a few short months ago you were thankful for...having me for a girlfriend is a blessing and a curse I guess."
 
He crinkled his nose, laughed and shook his head and said "yeah, I got nuthin" and we snuggled back up, so I could steal his heat.
 
I thought to myself then, "Seriously?  Did I just compare myself to an upstairs bedroom?  I'm really not all there, this confirms it. Who compares themselves to an upstairs bedroom?"
 
And you know who else isn't all there?
 
My Friend Ann....who nearly got me arrested on Sunday....
Great photo shoot, and story to follow.
Stay tuned.
 
 
 
Welcome to October!
 
Hugs & Luv,
~HeatherLynn~

In Book News:  I'm cruising through the ending of "Book #3"....I should have that sucker "on the books finished"...or "facebook official finished" in no time!  woohooo!  Can't wait to see how it's all going to turn out.  You'd think as the Author I'd know by now, but it's crazy, I literally don't know exactly how it will end, until about five seconds before my fingers pound the keyboard and it appears before me on the screen....
Hope it comes out worthy of being written.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~