About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Thursday, December 5, 2013

The Underdog:



I don't know about you guys, but I always root for the underdog, which is exactly what I did from behind the wheel of my Mariner this morning on my way to work...as  I watched a cute little squirrel run across four lanes of morning commute traffic on Market Street in Lima.

"Run little buddy!  RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN!" I said, half holding my breath hoping that he would make it across without being splattered!

I'm happy to report, with some fancy footwork, and frogger like moves....he made it to the other side.

And don't ask me why the squirrel crossed the road, because I have no idea...it's the question only the squirrel knows!  But if I had to guess, I'd say it has something to do with nuts.  Proving he has em', wanting to get some...or perhaps he's just plain nuts in the head. *shrugs*

hell, I don't know, your guess is as good as mine.

Oh, and in other news...Ohio ranks at the top of the list of States in Ohio that people are most likely to swear at you!

 Which leads me to believe, Clark Griswold, must be an Ohioan!

And because this story is about a squirrel...well, I cant resist leaving you with this mental image:





God Bless us every one.

Love,
~HeatherLynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~