About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Friday, January 11, 2013

An old Facebook post but worth a re-share!


{Borrowed from Google Images}

This one's for you Betty Dillworth!!

Wanna Laugh at my expense? Every day should start off with a smile, so hopefully this gives you one: (Read Below)

So the other day, I had to testify in court, I go to the courthouse, I put my metal objects, keys, cell phone, etc. into the tray and as I'm about to go through the metal detector, I see the head security guy, Mr. Dillworth, he's from Delphos, super nice guy, so I smile at him, he smiles at me and gives me a wave as he asks how I’m doing....the younger guy manning the machine says "go ahead ma'am go on through", so I do...

and the dang thing beeps at me...I look at the guy, he says "it's ok, go ahead" he gives me an approving head nod and I begin to collect my things, shoving them into my pockets and whatnot...when here comes Mr. Dillworth, he's smiling and looks like he wants to chit chat for a moment. I'd desperately late for my hearing, so I'm a wee bit frazzled...but I'm anything but rude, so I smile at him and as he approaches, he puts his arms out like he wants to hug!

I'm like, wow! I always felt we had friendly encounters when we would see each other, but this, this was really stepping it up! So we're hugging now I guess! I thought to myself, so I did what anyone would do, I threw my arms up and moved in to throw them around him, when TO MY COMPLETE surprise, he pulls out his metal detector wand and I realize what's happening, he didn't want to HUG me, he wanted to WAND ME!!! OMG!!! I was so embarrassed, I nearly hugged the man like "c'mere you ole lug you"...(like you would a golden retriever or something where you pull their head to your chest and stroke their fur/hair! I mean, wtf is wrong with me!??!?!

Why would I think the head of security at the courthouse would want to HUG ME!?!??! Thank GOD my hugging of strangers follow-through is sluggish, because if I'd of threw my arms around him, he would of likely threw me to the ground, cuffed me and hauled me to some back room for further inspection....and I'd of missed court entirely! *shakes head at myself*....what was I thinking!?!?!? Needless to say, I was SOOOOOOO embarrassed!

So moral of the story, security guards, don't want to hug you. Just a little tip from me to you! Happy Friday Everyone!

~Heather Lynn~

No comments :

Post a Comment

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~