About Me

My Photo
Well let’s see. I was born during the Blizzard of 1978 in Lima, Ohio. I have lived in Ohio all my life. I like it here. We have corn fields instead of oceans, overpasses instead of mountains and fog instead of smog. Sure it's not the promise land, but sometimes one doesn't need postcard worthy beauty on the outside to have it elsewhere. I'm a writer for fun, a Paralegal for profession, and while one pays the bills, one feeds my imagination, or perhaps my imagination feeds my writing...either way, Writing is as much of who I am as the color of my eyes, or the way that I smile. Blogs are great communication tools, and I'm here to communicate with YOU...yeah, you who's reading this right now....*assuming anyone's out there* *crickets chirp* Alrightee then, IF anyone should find themselves here, be it by accident or on purpose, welcome, glad to have you aboard. Throw anchor, stay awhile! Sunshine & Smiles, ~Heather Lynn~

Thursday, November 20, 2014

Interesting:

So, I haven't written here in what seems like FOREVER, so I thought I'd take the opportunity now to write a little something.

It's freezing here in Ohio:  

It's not supposed to be this cold yet, We're not supposed to be blanketed in snow yet....Buffalo NY shouldn't be buried under 70" of snow!

This Global Warming stuff sure is cold this time of year.

Anywho....

In case I didn't tell you...I'm back in school, learning a new profession.  Being a student again after so many years off is always a daunting proposition, but I truly do love and yearn for knowledge.  It's even better when the classes you're taking interest you, and provoke thought and cause you to actually be enthusiastic in the idea of getting out of class, and starting to put that knowledge to good use.

I'm going to be a Real Estate Agent on the side.

For those of you who just took out a pad of paper to write me an angry fan-letter telling me that I'm not allowed to take on ANOTHER job, until I finish the third installment of the Vivienne Taylor Series, never fear, I'm not putting my writing on the back burner to become a real estate agent, I still love writing, and I will continue to do so, and in fact, I have a new book started that I think I may enjoy writing even more than my first published series.  I cannot wait to share the clever title with you!  I'm not at all tooting my own horn....but just the title just makes me giddy with delight.

I am however considering on publishing under a different name...
What are your thoughts on this?
Yay? or Nay?
I want to hear from you, so use the comments option at the end of this post to weigh in if you don't mind giving me your thoughts.

Now, back to my recent return to the classroom...
So in my real estate classes, there's a wide array of different types of people.  Retired Military, Active Military, an HVAC guy, pretty blonde with a great haircut, older people, younger people, a bartender, a cafeteria lunch lady, a grumpy guy, a funny ex-restaurant-owner guy, A brother and sister duo, a mother daughter duo...and a vegetarian girl, who really digs the Yellow Springs area.  She's very different from me, but I like her.  She always adds a different perspective to class discussion.

Anyway, so there we all are outside on a break, and begin talking politics.  A subject that is strictly taboo among mixed crowds.  I cringed as I thought about how this conversation could turn out, but I was really, REALLY intrigued about how through the complete and total spectrum of different kinds of people, who clearly came from all walks of life, we all "heard each other's" opinions, nobody got mad, nobody said something to offend anyone, everyone was very delicate as not to offend, but didn't skirt around how they felt either.  I was impressed that in a time when our country couldn't be more at odds with each other in politics, here was a handful of random strangers, who are CLEARLY different from one another, from different areas, different backgrounds, and yet, we all got along just fine.  The big issues that are usually so heated, ABORTION, RACISM, WELFARE, were discussed, some people were for, others were against, but a mutual respect was had by all and we all walked away from the conversation knowing each other a little better, understanding a little more, and it was pleasant.  It was insightful, it was a conversation about differences, that instead of tearing us apart and dividing us on issues, like political debates so often times do, it felt like it made us all a little closer.  More connected.

So, if a bunch of students at a random business college in Dayton Ohio can talk freely, about heated issues, and walk away feeling connected, with good will and warmth for our fellow classmates, us just being joe-shmoe Ohioans, how on earth do we have a government who hasn't evolved to this level of coexistence?

And lastly, I watched this video the other day on Facebook, someone had posted it and it caught my attention, it's a political video, and there's some foul language, but it's thought provoking.  And I'm not going to say that I 100% agree, 100% disagree with the message, but I really enjoy things that make you think...
You're under no obligation whatsoever to watch it, but if you'd like to, I'll include it here:



Noteworthy post...eh, probably not,
But hey, it's better to have written something
than to have never written anything at all! 
{{Smiles}}
Almost thanksgiving...
I hope you all will not only be using your fingers to count your blessings this year, but your toes as well!

Luv,
Yours Truly,
~Heather Lynn~

2 comments :

  1. Congrats on being back in school! Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Optimistic Existentialist - thank you for your comment! I'm trying to stay warm, we're up to a balmy 27 degrees now! ~~HEAT WAVE~~~

      Hope it's warmer where you are! Could you be so kind as to send some warm weather up to me? :)

      h.

      Delete

Leave me a message! I'd love to hear your thoughts...AND...while I may be slow, 99% of the time, I'll leave you a comment back! So get interactive would ya!? :) xoxoxxo, ~hl~